- Debbie Rochon to be honored with Ingrid Pitt Award,
January 10, 2013
- My Top Indie Horror Films of 2012
January 3, 2013
- The Etheria Film Festival Presents: Mayans and Marvins
December 31, 2012
- Meet the cast and crew of THE COLLECTION this Saturday at the Long Beach Comic & Horror Convention
November 1, 2012
Following the 7:10pm, Saturday, April 10th show at the Laemmle Sunset 5, the filmmakers will be doing an extended Q&A regarding the film nearby the theatre and a brief but detailed case study of how they financed the film, produced the film and distributed and sold the film. Learn the ins and outs of financing, making and distributing the acclaimed independent film, Godspeed.
This will be a no holds barred, detailed explanation of the ins and outs of what it takes to make and successfully distribute an independent film. Topics to be covered:
- How did they raise the financing for the film?
- How did they make the film on a limited budget in Alaska ? How did they make sure it looked more expensive than it was?
- Working with the RED in post-production?
- Working the festival circuit and details on the publicity and sales strategy
- Developing a unique hybrid distribution strategy - while the theatrical release was handled by the filmmakers but financed by their DVD/VOD distributor.
Here is what some of the things critics have said about GODSPEED:
“A small picture vibrating with grand passions, Godspeed transforms the vast lawlessness of the Alaskan wilderness into a playground for damaged soulsand Old Testament mischief.”—Jeannette Catsoulis, The New York Times
“...intense, brutal, intriguing and expertly executed…easily one of the best indie films of the year.” - Film Threat, Don Lewis
“Director Robert Saitzyk somehow manages the impossible and completely sidesteps the usual traps inherent in such Old Testamental material…with a powerful combination of grace and fury.” - Austin Chronicle, Marc Savlov
This is a unique opportunity to get real specific, behind the curtain answers to help you make your film and if you have made one, tips on how to sell/distribute it. Simply show up for the Saturday, April 10th 7:10pm screening and afterwards the filmmakers will walk with you to where they are holding the extended Q&A and case study presentation. Ticket info can be found here - http://www.laemmle.com/viewtheatre.php?thid=2
Visit the official site